Exposing the “Myth” that facials cause breakouts.
Most people wait to see a doctor until they are sick. In the same fashion, most people wait until they encounter a skin problem before they seek a professional facial treatment.
Here are the top 10 reasons to include regular facials in your wellness routine:
- Extracts harmful bacteria and oil from skin.
- Purges toxins and debris from pores.
- Promotes drainage of lymph system using facial massage techniques.
- Smooth lines and wrinkles.
- Increased blood circulation.
- Removal of dead skin cells.
- Evens skin tone by lightening dark spots and increased radiance
- Slows down the aging process.
- Promotes collagen production, helping to keep skin supple and firm.
- Facials provide stress relief and are healing and therapeutic for the soul.
Will a facial cause breakouts?
Breakouts rarely occur after a facial. If your skin is congested with blackheads or whiteheads underneath the surface of the skin, a deep pore detox facial should be performed.
The Esthetician will exfoliate and extract as much congestion as possible, but sometimes a blackhead or whitehead is simply not ready to be purged. Because there is a deep cleanse with steam done during a facial, to help open pores and draw out toxins, an occasional breakout after the facial may occur.
Rest assured that they won’t last for long! This is a continued result of your skin detoxing what was already beneath the surface. Once a facial treatment has been received, the pores have been stimulated and any excess debris and sebum (oil), will push its way to the skins surface.
If multiple breakouts occur (as in more than one or two, and they last for more than a couple days), let your esthetician know so adjustments can me made. In addition, your licensed Esthetician is required to disinfect all tools and equipment, with hospital grade solutions, to ensure sanitation safety prior to each client.
If you really want to maintain the health and vitality of your skin, a monthly maintenance facial is highly recommended for detox, exfoliation, hydration, and increased radiance.
At In The Clouds Spa, our Royal Castle facial treatment, will provide all the benefits listed above, and then some!